NTLs Free Webspace

pj123 15:10 23 Jan 2006

Trying to use my free webspace as supplied by NTL.

When I was connected via my set top box (maximum 1mb BB) it all worked fine. But I am now on NTL BB via a modem (2mb) because my set top box would not support 2mb.

I have been given a user ID and a password but NTL tech support do not seem to know what the Host Address is. I am using CuteFTP and when I was on the set top box the Host Address was: upload.ntlworld.com. That doesn't work on the modem connection and they then gave me: homepage.ntlworld.com but that doesn't work either.

Can anybody using NTL with a modem and CuteFTP for their free webspace give me what they have as the Host Address please?

Thanks.

Mark5001 16:16 23 Jan 2006

I use NTL webspace sometimes and using WSFTP PRO the settings are
ftp://*username*@upload.ntlworld.com (delete the asterisks) and i can log in with no probs. Also best to use passive transfer mode.

pj123 16:55 23 Jan 2006

Thanks Mark5001. Trying various combinations from your response found it is click here then the user name.

Seems to be working OK now.

Ticked.

pj123 16:58 23 Jan 2006

Sorry didn't mean to make a "click here". Should have put some spaces in.

Wak 17:00 23 Jan 2006

I use my web space with 1 MB B/B NTL and the URL for me is click here own username / index.html

Remove the spaces in the above.
I use CoreFTP Lite
Hope this helps.

Wak 17:03 23 Jan 2006

Sorry, the above URL didn't work using spaces but seeing as how you have now managed to sort it out, I won't bother to correct it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?