Ntldr is missing !!!!help

stormrider123 13:43 04 Sep 2010

Hi i have a compaq presario SR1705UK

so this morning i was browsing my mail when suddeny my computer shut down

so i switched it back on everything was fine my desktop loaded then suddenly an unexpexted command prompt opened and it closed just as fast as it appeared so i couldnt see wat was writtin on it then after that closed another box opened inthe middle if the screen it had a timer which counts down from 60 secs and there was a message saying the c drive is infected by virus and needs to shut down

i couldnt do antthing because the exit button was grayed out so u just stood there watching pc shuting down

when i turnwd it back on everything was fine then i got a black screen with ntldr is missing press ctr+alt+del to restart itried this over a hundred times but no luck

also i have tried accesing recovery console but when i press f8 i dont get the advanced menu
i do not have a windows disk becauses my computer had a hidden partiton to recpver pc. is there any thing i can do before i reinstall windows

VoG II 13:45 04 Sep 2010

Try this (for XP) click here

Stonechatz 13:47 04 Sep 2010

Take out all floppy-discs / CDs / Memory Sticks / USB Key drives etc and re-boot?

stormrider123 14:04 04 Sep 2010

Thanks for the quick responses
Both stonechatz post and Vogm link say that i should take out all cds flopys memory sticms etc before booting i already have nothing inserted to my pc before i boot

also i cant try using the cd because i dont have the xp oroginal disk.

but i so have a vista instalation disk can i use this to acces recovey console and copy the ntldr file to my hardrive

stormrider123 14:04 04 Sep 2010

Thanks for the quick responses
Both stonechatz post and Vogm link say that i should take out all cds flopys memory sticms etc before booting i already have nothing inserted to my pc before i boot

also i cant try using the cd because i dont have the xp oroginal disk.

but i so have a vista instalation disk can i use this to acces recovey console and copy the ntldr file to my hardrive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:05 04 Sep 2010

Got a Floppy drive? and access to another machine using XP?

It takes just one floppy disc,

First format a Floppy disc

Run type
Format A: /u

Then open Notepad and copy and Paste this

[boot loader]
timeout=-1
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="First harddisk, first partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="First harddisk, second partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="First harddisk, third partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINDOWS="First harddisk, fourth partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Second harddisk, first partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Second harddisk, second partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Second harddisk, third partition" /sos
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Second harddisk, fourth partition" /sos
C:\="Previous Operating System on C:\"

Save as

in Notepad as BOOT.INI

Then in search find

NTDETECT.COM
NTLDR

Add these to the floppy disc

you can now try starting your computer with the floppy disc

stormrider123 14:05 04 Sep 2010

Sory for the 2 replies clicked post twice by accident

stormrider123 14:07 04 Sep 2010

Thanks for reply but sadly i do not have a floppy drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:20 04 Sep 2010

"have a vista instalation disk can i use this to acces recovey console and copy the ntldr file to my hardrive"

No

Suggest you download and burn Ultimate boot CD to use in your stricken machine click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?