NTLDR is missing

poshman31 07:41 04 Jan 2008

Hi Helpers, when I turn on the PC at home I am getting a message "NTLDR is missing" press ctrl + alt + del to restart, when I have done that it just returns to the same page

I have a speedtouch box ( is that a modem ? ) which used to light up green USB and ADSL but they dont now, when I press the 3 buttons the USB flashes red but then just goes off so I dont know if that has anything to do with it
There is also another black box which is connected to it that seems ok has a green light

I have tried to do a recovery programme but a message comes on after a while saying " error during extraction process error detail.. permission denied

I have orange broadband windows xp ....hope someone can help Cheers P M

rawprawn 07:59 04 Jan 2008
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:52 04 Jan 2008

If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?