NTLDR Missing

AFoxyLady 14:58 08 Mar 2007

Hi - Ok - here goes - I hope someone can help.

Had a very large tidy up on the computer, and have made a folder called "stuff" - into this folder went some "stuff" Obviously what was moved was very important, as we kept getting the message NTLDR missing hit ctrl alt del to restart. We have followed the instructions given on a previous NTLDR missing thread here. We know where this folder is - but when trying to access it from the recovery console it says access to the folder is denied.

Help! Please....

rawprawn 15:01 08 Mar 2007

Can you get into safe mode or last known good congiguration

AFoxyLady 15:06 08 Mar 2007

Hi - simple answer - No.........

rawprawn 15:15 08 Mar 2007

click here
Scroll down to madboys response

rawprawn 15:17 08 Mar 2007

Sorry AFoxyLady, thats the one you have been trying.

AFoxyLady 15:19 08 Mar 2007

Have followed his instructions - after copying and replacing several files the computer tried to boot up and says that hall.dll in win system 32 directory is missing or corrupted. After using a floppy drive to replace the missing hall.dll - I know that it is present and not corrupted, yet the error persists.

AFoxyLady 15:41 08 Mar 2007

Hi Rawprawn

After noticing that one of the files I had moved was the boot.ini - I followed instructions for the recovery console and once in the recovery console used the command
bootcfg /rebuild
This took about 5 minutes, and the computer is now booting properly.

Lesson learned - Don't move "Stuff!!"

Cheers

rawprawn 15:49 08 Mar 2007

Well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?