NTLDR is missing

sype 07:08 13 Oct 2006

while defraging my hard drive using norton system works my computer crashed. when i boot my comp up it know stops and says NTLDR is missing press ctrl alt and del to restart. if i put the boot disc in the comp it boots ok from the cd. any ideas whats happening please? windows XP home SP2

STREETWORK 07:13 13 Oct 2006
  sype 07:37 13 Oct 2006

the link you have sent me is for windows 2000 is it the same fix for windows XP hone edition?

Diodorus Siculus 07:47 13 Oct 2006

I think the 2K option will work; if not try the link below.

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy or CD, then fix HD
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:01 13 Oct 2006

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

sype 15:21 13 Oct 2006

it has fixed it self. in stead of the NTLDR is missing coming up it asked for the boot disc and seemed to rewright some files. now it workes normally. thank for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?