NTLDR is missing

bazza11 10:59 20 Sep 2006

I have this message on a blank screen on my desktop. I used the Windows Advisor advice enclosed with this month's PC Advisor to delete unnecessary Startup programs but must have deleted the programs themselves. I tried a restore from my external hard drive which I thought contained all my programs as well as files, but the only thing left on my screen was My Documents and the Recycle Bin, although the programs were still listed from the Start button. I tried a System Restore from 2 days ago and after this I got the message "NTLDR is missing - press any key to continue." When I do this all I get is a repeat of this message. HELP!!!!

Gongoozler 11:05 20 Sep 2006

This is a fairly common error message. See if this helps click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:33 20 Sep 2006

NTLDR Missing
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017