NTLDR

mozzano 23:46 04 Feb 2007

i need serious help. one of my pc's has developed a problem. when i boot up it comes up with the message NTLDR is missing. is there a way to fix this. i have lost my copy of windows for that pc. i cant use the one for this pc as i onle have a single licence and they both are used online.

skidzy 23:47 04 Feb 2007
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 05 Feb 2007

If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

mozzano 16:58 05 Feb 2007

Thanx for the advice, i'll have to try it and let you all know.

mozzano

sydhall 17:49 05 Feb 2007

NTLDR is missing:
Click on to your C:\Drive:
Click on to TOOLS at the top: Then Folder options; [VEIW]
TICK show hidden Folders:

NTLDR Folder will then be Visible: Copy and paste to Floppy or USB Stick.

Just copy and paste to C:\ Drive on the problem computer: PROBLEM SOLVED.
Syd.

sydhall 18:27 05 Feb 2007

Sorry if Cannot Get to Hard Drive: Visit this site and download Floopy/information this will allow you to make a Boot-Up-Disc:
When the computer boots up? Just copy NTLDR File from Floppy to C:\ Driv
on to the computer

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy or CD, then fix HD
How to fix: NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart. What happened? ... Use the boot disk in the computer with the "NTLDR is missing" error. ...
click here -

Syd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?