ntldr

chippy+ 00:30 16 Jan 2007

hi when i check for most defragmented files in diskeeper after defragmenting c drive i get

"1 244KB \ntldr [Excluded]" i have never seen this before how can i fix it thanks
Chippy

terryf 00:48 16 Jan 2007

I don't think it is broke and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If diskeeper has decided to exclude and everything else appears OK, leave well alone

Taff™ 05:55 16 Jan 2007

Short for NT loader, NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP load. It is almost certainly a protected file and shouldn`t be included in a defragment. You`ve only got problems when it becomes corrupt or "goes missing" so let`s leave it alone!

chippy+ 10:44 16 Jan 2007

Hi terryf and Taff™
thanks for your reply looked up diskeeper forum it won't defrag ntldr because of causing corruption' I ran a boot time defrag then used registry mechanic to compact registry now when i check most defagmented files there is none thanks again Chippy

sydhall 13:10 13 Feb 2007

NTLDRis missing

Sorry if Cannot Get to Hard Drive: Visit this site and download Floopy/information this will allow you to make a Boot-Up-Disc:
When the computer boots up? Just copy NTLDR File from Floppy to C:\ Driv
on to the computer

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy or CD, then fix HD
How to fix: NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart. What happened? ... Use the boot disk in the computer with the "NTLDR is missing" error. ...
click here -

Syd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?