NTL - Using more than 3 computers

akzah 20:35 29 Jun 2005

Hi

I just signed up to ntl for a student house. I was unaware that there policy states that you cannot have more than 3 computers running on the connection. (should be installed on Sat)

I have a Wireless Router. So in theory I connect the modem they have given to the Wireless Router and then I can use as many computers as I want??

Is that correct? As if not I think I might cancel. Surely they can't work out how many computers are behind the router.

Thanks for in advance

Pusherman 20:52 29 Jun 2005

with a four port router and I mentioned this to one of the support guys the other day and he didn't say anything.

As long as you keep within your monthly download limits I don't see why it should be a problem. The FAQ's on the ntlhome website don't mention there being any sort of limit.

Pusherman.

woodchip 20:53 29 Jun 2005

Well how are they going to know how many you have connecred

akzah 20:57 29 Jun 2005

There exact policy word states:

"You must not connect more than three (3) PC's to the Broadband Services at any one time."

Exactly what I am thinking woodchip? as far as they can see will be the Routers MAC Address. Nothing else behind?

VoG II 20:58 29 Jun 2005

Nope, just the router.

Strawballs 21:49 29 Jun 2005

A friend of mine has 5 computers and an X Box both wired and wireless on his NTL BB connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?