NTL via Set Top Box

pj123 21:27 23 Apr 2004

Need some help from anyone on NTL Broadband via a Set Top Box.

I am on NTL BB via my Set Top Box and have been for some time. Everything is working OK. A friend has just installed the same system and everything went fine (which is unusual for NTL). But, every time she sends me an email she gets an error message which says

“This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
>
> Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
> not found. Carefully check that it was spelled correctly and try
> sending it again if there were any mistakes.
>
> It is also possible that a network problem caused this situation,
> so if you are sure the address is correct you might want to try to
> send it again. If the problem continues, contact your friendly
> system administrator.”

The strange thing is, I do get the email and I reply to it. She also gets my reply no problem.

If she sends an email to someone else (not on NTL) the error message comes up again but the recipient still gets the email.

Been in touch with NTL tech support and everything they suggested has been done and checked. So not much help there.

If there is anyone out there who is on the same system can come up with some suggestions please let me know and we will give it a try.

Thank you.

whatchamacallit 22:58 23 Apr 2004

Ive got the same setup NTL & set top box,
You can go to NTL web site, go to services/webmail open an account,and try sending your e-mail that way. you can send/receive mail.

it does not solve your problem, but it`s just another way of sending mail.

pj123 23:05 23 Apr 2004

whatchamacallit. Thanks for that. She is in the process of sending emails to all her contacts telling them her new email address and, although they all receive the email she still gets an error message saying "undelivered".

whatchamacallit 23:26 23 Apr 2004

PJ123
If your friend could setup an account in the WEBMAIL on NTL site, would she get the same error`s when sending mail. Just a thought.

pj123 23:31 23 Apr 2004

whatchamacallit. Worth a try, but our contact is by phone at the moment and it is a bit late to ring her now. Will try again tomorrow.

wildrover 23:54 23 Apr 2004

I don't think this is an ntl problem. I have same set up, no problem! It seems odd that she is getting the message every time she sends an email, could this suggest some kind of spyware / virus - type activity?? Are there any occassions when she doesn't get the message?

Wak 09:30 24 Apr 2004

Hi PJ, Is this the same friend who had problems with the 1837 web site??? If it is then it sounds as if the problem lies in her computer, but I'm sure you've already thought of that.
NTL have their own diagnostic software, originally called CorrectConnect but they have just brought out a new one. Maybe that would help??
Hope the hand soon gets better and with no permanent damage.

pj123 12:06 24 Apr 2004

wildrover. Even odder is the fact that we all get the emails anyway. She gets the error everytime she send an email to anybody. She has AVG and ZoneAlarm running but NTL told her disable them and see if it made a difference. It didn't.

Wak. No different person. But that's another mystery still not solved yet. As for the hand I expect I'll get used to three fingers - only joking. It's still quite swollen and not very flexible at the moment but definitely on the mend. Thanks for the concern.

pj123 10:57 25 Apr 2004

I am going to see her Tuesday PM. Will keep this post open till then so that I can update you all.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?