NTL Netguard or Norton AV ?

TreeBear 09:49 12 Aug 2006

My annual subscription for Norton Antivirus is due shortly. As an NTL 4mb broadband user I am entitled to free use of their Netguard antivirus suite.

However, I've used Norton for a long time and always found it good and have seen no comparative reviews of Netguard. I'm not sure about dropping it in favour of something I know little about.

I'd appreciate comments / advice from anyone using Netguard; especially how effective it is (i.e. does it miss anything), how up to date are the virus signatures it uses, what is support like, is it intrusive, is it stable etc.

Thanks in advance.

vinnyT 13:32 12 Aug 2006

Google page for netguard+ntl click here.

A no. of people have complained that the sw can seriously affact the speed of your pc. Sometimes this happens straight away, and others over a period of days.

Don't use it myself, but have some clients that did until they had the above probs. I uninstalled for the and put avast free on instead. On two (out of 5) who used it and wanted it uninstalled, the uninstallation was not straight forward, had to resort to restore.

Should point out that I know 2 people who are perfectly happy and have not suffered any probs with it at all.

Hope this helps.

TreeBear 11:32 19 Aug 2006

Thanks VinnyT, I decided after reading various postings from unhappy users of NetGuard that on balance AVAST looked a better bet. Using it for the past week with no problems now ........

vinnyT 13:44 19 Aug 2006

Welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?