NTL NetGuard

Solartopi 20:37 21 Mar 2007

Hi there,

All those with NTL Broadbamd.

I scan my computer every day with NTL NetGuard. It came up with a window saying that it detected two Viruses. It didn't give the name of the virus but said that it had deleted it. it usually deletes the folder Or file where the Virus is found.

I have just found out that my LimeWire has gone off my desktop and is not showing in ADD/REMOVE.

Could NTL Netguard have deleted it off my desktop & from add/remove.

Thanks

Solartopi

julius44 21:21 21 Mar 2007

Hi solartopi......do u mean Virgin broadband??? Anyway if there was a virus on your pc, what the netguard would do is remove the virus and NOT the program. Only u would be able to remove the program. Also previously when u have scanned your pc for viruses...has it ever said u had viruses on your PC??

And if yes.....has it ever removed limewire before??

Solartopi 22:05 22 Mar 2007

julius44,

Sorry in the delay in replying.

Yes, now Virgin. It did say that there was a Virus,it gave: C:\XXXXXXX I can't remember exactly what it was. It said that it couldn't Disinfect so it had deleted it.

Solartopi

julius44 18:02 23 Mar 2007

okay i think u just need to re-install limewire again, and just c if the same problem happens...if it does, just use one of the freebie packages from download.com, and remove the ntl guard, becos no matter what it SHOULD NEVER remove a program. Any more problems and let me know.

Solartopi 21:46 23 Mar 2007

julius44,

Thanks. I shall & let you know. I think this is about the third time that long C:\ XXXXXXXX has come up saying where the virus was & it had deleted it. I never paid much attention as it was not on my Desktop, only this time I noticed because it was so promonent.

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017