NTL Homepage - help required

georgemac 11:36 03 Feb 2004

I want to use the free space offered by my ISP for our website we are building.

I have uploaded the files to the correct ftp server location using smart ftp, and can see the files on the NTL server.

However when I open my homepage http:// click here /my account name (I have added spaces so it does not put a hyperlink) it just says the page cannot be displayed.

In the root directory are files index.htm main.htm links.htm and title.htm and even if I add these filenames to the end of the link to my homepage, it (IE6) still cannot find anything.

Hopefully it is something simple. In the meantime I am uploading it to another free hosting site, so will check it there and see if it comes up OK

georgemac 13:26 04 Feb 2004

no problems with the other free hosting site.

I deleted all the files on NTL ftp server with smart ftp, and loaded a simple webpage, I still cannot get anything at my home page location.

Anyone using NTL webspace able to help?

slowhand_1000 13:39 04 Feb 2004

I use my freespace now and again with ntl without any hassle.

When did you put the pages onto their server? I was told by one of their helpline people that it can take upto 24 hours to come online. It was not always the case but I did find that at times it seemed to take forever to update/upload pages.

Talented Monkey 13:46 04 Feb 2004

I see somthing wrong with your Address. you will not get any page found if you type in w w w.homepage.ntlworld. com drop the ww w part just have HT TP://Homepage.ntlworld.com/your page

Ive tried this with other sites hosted with NTLworld and this seems to be problem. i am also withNTL but sadly do not yet use the free webspace. if this isnt the problem please get back!

slowhand_1000 14:21 04 Feb 2004

Well spotted Talented Monkey. I have just checked mine and that's http//myname etc not click here etc

georgemac 14:51 04 Feb 2004

am uploading files again and will try that address and let you know how I get on.

georgemac 15:20 04 Feb 2004

the Monkey is indeed Talented, thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone