NTL Firewall - can't network

maxirv 20:04 15 Aug 2006

I recently installed NTL Netguard Total and now find that I can no longer share files and printer between my computers. Internet access is fine, and if I turn off the firewall they communicate and share, but while the firewall is active I get dialogue boxes about "contacting administrator" (which is me!) I've tried the NTL support pages, but they make no mention of networking! Any ideas anyone? I can turn off the firewall whenever I need to share, but it's a pain, there must be an easier (and safer) way.

I am using a Linksys WRT54G router connected to PC with a wireless connection for the laptop.

ade.h 20:19 15 Aug 2006
  maxirv 20:28 15 Aug 2006

thanks ade.h - am checking as I type! I should read all threads on my search. sorry x

ade.h 21:11 15 Aug 2006

You'd have been lucky to find that one; it was in the Helproom rather than Networking and would have slipped down a few pages.

maxirv 21:53 15 Aug 2006

sod it - i'm going to uninstall it and get something else. I hate it when things mash up your system! Thanks anyway, should I mark this "resolved" I wonder? It kind of is (maxirv throws the baby out with the bathwater). Ho.

ade.h 22:01 15 Aug 2006

click here for one of the best network-friendly free firewalls. Be sure to choose Advanced Mode during installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?