NTL E-Mail Warning

woodchip 11:50 19 Feb 2004

Dear Customer

We are about to upgrade and improve our email system. This is a major project and will take several weeks to complete. When we have finished, we hope that you'll notice an improvement to the performance and reliability of email.

In order to let us carry out this important work, we will need to stop the email service for short periods of time. We will do this as few times as possible and only during times of lowest use.

Over the next 4 weeks, the email service will not be available on Monday night from 11pm until 7am on Tuesday morning. This will start on Monday 16th February.

During these times, you will be unable to send or receive email from your '[email protected]' account. All incoming email received during this period will be delivered to your mailbox after 7am on Tuesday morning. All outgoing email created during this period will be sent when you next log-on to your ntlworld email service after 7am.

To keep you up to date on the progress of these improvements to the mail service please visit click here.

In the meantime, we're sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to supplying you with
an improved service once this work is completed.

Yours sincerely,

The ntl Home Internet Team

woodchip 11:51 19 Feb 2004

I think they got the Date Wrong as I only got it yesterday

TBH1 12:14 19 Feb 2004

Don't know about you but my main ntl account now is worse than my hotmail one has ever been regarding spam - - -I must get knockin onto 120 a day - - yet my secondery one is OK. Being my main one, there is no way I can delete/ reinstigate it.
Just my 2 penneth - - - and I got my email about the down time yesterday.

swiss$tony 12:29 19 Feb 2004

I am with NTL I have not had this message yet but did receive my e-mails as normal last night (6.00pm)

hugh-265156 13:36 19 Feb 2004

yeah they are a bit late at letting us know.

the work started mon 9th click here

Sheila-214876 17:34 19 Feb 2004

I am on NTL Broadband and have not had any notification or interruption of my emails. Is it only Dialup being affected?

-Beb- 17:39 19 Feb 2004

I got the notification today. I have been on NTL since October but I have never had any spam. I only use it for ebay as you can't use hotmail.

georgemac 18:03 19 Feb 2004

I got the notification today - dial up - and I too now get heaps of spam on my ntl address - annoyingly a lot of it (20%) is not even addressed to me!

Hope the upgrade improves things.

hugh-265156 19:21 19 Feb 2004

the broadband service is affected too.

explicitlyrics100 20:04 19 Feb 2004

to reduce spam put a number on the end of your email address. For example [email protected] gets me thousands of junk mails - 50 a day. but the same username with a 1 on the end gives me none. Not a single one! I have used both for about the same amount of time so its not the fact of no1 knowing. Just a tip

woodchip 23:04 19 Feb 2004

Up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache