NTL, Broadband and Wireless

Schopenhauer 17:09 01 Nov 2004

I have a desktop PC running Win98 connected to NTL cable Broadband via their modem, and a laptop running XP Pro. I want to set up a wireless connection and have been trying to glean information from this site and elsewhere, but my local dealer says that I am wasting my time since, in his experience, it is not possible to get a wireless connection to work with NTL Broadband, even NTL cannot do this. I had hoped to set up an Ad Hoc connection, (to save the expense of a router).

Does anyone have experience of doing this, ( or failing!) with or without a router?

Thanks in advance.

wallbash 17:58 01 Nov 2004

This site click here is wonderful, been a member for a couple of years , sorts all my (many) problems . Get a quick reply even over xmas.
They are dedicated to NTL and networking . They WILL sort any problems out.

Schopenhauer 20:43 01 Nov 2004

Many thanks, a most useful site, I've made it 'favourite'.

stevie10warick 00:42 10 Feb 2005

Hi there

Am having problems myself with ntl and wireless networking myself atthe min. Have to pcs linked on a ad hoc peer to peer network with just a wireless network adapter in each. Can get it to work for al while including file and print sharing however it suddenly drops connection and cannot retrieve . Any ideas as urs seems a similar prob. Cheers

kimosabi 21:37 17 Feb 2005

HI I am using a wireless router with ntl droadband modem my desktop is ethernet connection my laplop is wireless I have a built in wireless adapter and sweex 802.11g router I did have problems at first I could not get a signal after a lot of help I found I had not set my internal card on once I found that out all is fine except that when I am downstairs in my frontroom I do drop the signal quite often but in the nextroom everything works fine I dont know enything about adhoc so I cant help you on that all I can say it works with ntl broadband modem and wireless router hope this might help. So good luck go for it regards
kimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?