NTL Broadband ?? +card

WallyD 14:38 06 Jun 2005

Just had NTL Broadband installed and although I log on ok I get disconnected after 5 -10 -15 minutes.
My connection is WIN ME -USB1 and I,ve read somewhere that a internet card would probably solve this problem ??? What card and software would be required and any comments about this drop out (disconnection) would be appreciated.
many thanks
ps : I,m moving from one site to another sometimes before the first has downloaded as it might be too slow.would this contribute to my trouble but it didn,t in dialup

Dipso 14:52 06 Jun 2005

I recently set someone up on NTL who was also running ME. I bought this network card/ethernet card for them click here You just need to install it into a free PCI slot inside your PC, very easy to do, then all you have to do is install the drivers, also very easy.

Shop around though, Scan charge a lot for postage.

Using a USB connection rather than ethernet may not be the cause of your dropouts but ethernet is less of a resource drain on your PC as it is made for networking.

Dipso 14:55 06 Jun 2005

Your moving from one site to another will not be the cause of your dropped connection.

Dipso 14:58 06 Jun 2005

Sorry, I should have said, you just need an ethernet/network card "like" that, not that you should buy that one, although D-Link are OK, I have bought a few of these and they work well.

WallyD 15:10 06 Jun 2005

Thanks Dipso
I nipped downstairs for a cuppa after I,d sent the Question and coming back and reading your answer I realised its the longest I,ve managed to stay on the net.
Thanks for you time--appreciated

Alan H E 15:11 06 Jun 2005

Are you connected through set top box? Do you have Broadband Medic & does this come up with anything? Also check on home page of NTL & see if any local connection difficulties.

SEASHANTY 16:22 06 Jun 2005

Something for you to read
click here
Also a lot of info on Robin Walkers website
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?