NTL BB problems

User-F19B448A-819C-4883-991C282DFCFBDA20 12:09 01 Jul 2003

My BB keeps disconnecting, sometimes after only a few minutes sometimes after about an hour???
It is driving me mad!!! It only seems to of happened since I have installed XP,I have reinstalled but still the same problem.
When I tourn on for the first time or restarting I sometimes have to restart 2-3 times to get the connection.
Any ideas?

Wak 15:13 01 Jul 2003

If you have Correct-Connect installed (the NTL program) try and test your connection with that.
It also has a restore facility so that you can reset your BB system back to when it was working OK.
Most people tell you to delete the Correct-Connect program but I think it can be very useful at times.

How do I know if I have 'Correct- Connect' installed? I have never heard of it.

Valvegrid 22:07 01 Jul 2003

Usually a little CC in the system tray. I have deleted mine by the way.

DerekR 22:19 01 Jul 2003

Correct Connect is the "broadjump" thing that does not work under XP - I uninstalled mine, and NTL BB works fine.

If you are coming through your set top box, then the dropped connection is an occasional thing, cured by rebooting the Cable System by switching everything off (including the computer)and switching the NTL set top box back on - wait till there are two green lights before switching on the comp - hey presto, its all back again!

Blitzer 23:22 01 Jul 2003

I used to have problems with my NTL BB connection when the Cable modem was connected to my machine via USB. I put an additional NIC card in the machine and connected the modem to that instead, this cured all my problems. :)

I have tried doing a search for 'correct connect' and for 'broadjump' but it is not on my system.
I have also tried doing what Derekr suggested but only time will tell if this works.

It just turned itself off again so that did not work. I restarted and nothing came on so I took out the usb connection then back in and it worked. Again this can sometimes stay on for a few minutes.
Do you think that installing a network card and connecting via the card instead of usb port would work?
How would you connect to the netwwork card?

accord 05:01 02 Jul 2003

NTLs cable modem works best through the ethernet connection. i changed mine over to this and havent had any problems with it and also it frees up a USB port. if you havent got ethernet then get a 10/100 card from pcworld or somewhere for about a tenner. that should do the trick.

Valvegrid 06:47 02 Jul 2003

You'll need an UTP RJ4 cable, like these:

click here=

Also a Network Interface Card (NIC):

click here=

You should have a Maplins store near you somewhere.

Rebanut 09:23 02 Jul 2003

I had similar problems and I phoned the 0845 number which is the NTL helpline on the back of the box your BB disc came in, and the guy on the other end was really helpful so give them a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires