ntl bb to bt freeview

bouncer39 18:04 03 Mar 2005

i use ntl b/band. can i connect my set top box to a bt freeview box(internet capable) or a bush internet box ? i assume i can connect to another pc so are the above options viable, cos i dont really want to buy another pc.the bt f/view has a usb port. cheers ,paul kelly.

FelixTCat 18:51 03 Mar 2005

I'm not at all clear what you are trying to achieve. Why do you want to connect your ntl set-top box to a freeview box?

FelixTCat 10:51 05 Mar 2005

As a matter of policy, I don't answer emails from this forum unless I have invited them because some confidential information is required to solve a problem. It prevents others being able to help or to learn from the responses.

You emailed me: "what i want to know ,is CAN i connect my ntl settop box to a freeview / bush internet box, as a "second " pc.?"

I doubt it. ntl transmits broadband on one of the tv channels. The set-top box tunes to this channel and passes on the internet stream to he outlet port.

Unless the other boxes are capable of translating an input tcp/ip stream and showing it on the screen, your connection will achieve nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017