NTHell world again

pj123 15:30 21 Nov 2003

Every day I get this same problem with NTL Broadband. I cannot send or receive emails. When I check the NTL status report all I get is:

"ntlhome internet customers may currently be unable to send or receive email via ntlworld email systems due to a technical fault.

Our engineers are aware and are working towards a resolution as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

Perhap they should get rid of their current "engineers" and get some new one's who know what they are doing?

©®@$? 15:33 21 Nov 2003

lol

the situation isn't funny but your comment was

i had enough of the 28k dialup i was getting with nthell, supposed to be 56k that was enough for me, but when i decided to cancel the connection was 44k

amazing isn't it

Djohn 15:51 21 Nov 2003

Pete, I'm sorry to hear your having trouble yet again with e-mail. I believe that NTL's service as a Broadband provider is very good, but there are far too many complaints from others regarding the e-mail service.

You may be better changing to a land-line ISP for your Broadband, many are offering this service for very little more than you are presently paying.

Most of the Broadband providers now offer a "Migration" service. This means that you can apply to your new provider and they take care of everything for you.

They arrange for the disconnection of your present provider, then re-connection to them. This service means you are without your Broadband for 10 to 20 minutes only, while the BT engineer does the swap-over at the exchange.

Much better than waiting 10 to 15 days if you go through the normal route of cancel/sign-up to new provider. Also cost much less as well. j.

Legolas 16:44 21 Nov 2003

I also have intermittant trouble with NTL BB email perhaps they need to upgrade their server, apart from that I have had no trouble with NTL.

pj123 17:00 21 Nov 2003

Legolas I agree everything else is fine, just this email problem, which is now back on again but I sent myself an email at 3.55 and I still haven't received it yet. Unfortunately, John I can't change to another Broadband ISP because I am on cable phone and all the other suppliers say "must have a BT line". I am not prepared to return to BT. I do still have an AOL dialup account but I don't want to keep telling everybody to keep changing where they send emails to me at. I also have a Hotmail email address, but again it would mean telling all to redirect their emails. It would just be nice if NTL could sort themselves out.

Smiler 17:04 21 Nov 2003

pj123
Why dont you go to NTL webmail and redirect your ntl e-mails to your hotmail account.

pj123 17:06 21 Nov 2003

Just been to click here where I thought I could register my comments but what did I get?

"This site is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out a comprehensive review of the service. ntl:home apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please check back here in the next couple of weeks for any update.

If you are looking for help or assistance on our services, please visit the links below.

For Dial up or Broadband queries:
click here
community.ntl.com

For general ntl service issues:
click here

Alternatively you can email us at click here."

Not very good for a supposedly major ISP.

pj123 17:07 21 Nov 2003

Smiler, talk to me. How do I do that?

Smiler 17:26 21 Nov 2003

Go to click here Click on e-mail options on the right under Webmail. On the e-mail Options page click on "Forward your ntlworld email to another account here"

On next page enter your ntl e-mail address and your password (as used to access your e-mails in your normal e-mail reader (eg w685125975) Then click go

Next page click on Set Forwarding Address

Tick box if you want the mail sent to your normal e-mail address AND forwarded (I find this best option)

Then enter the e-mail address or addresses you want your e-mails forwarded to in the box

Click go

I have my mail sent to two addresses to make sure I get everything. Nothing like belt & braces.

Smiler 17:33 21 Nov 2003

As far as nthellworld.com goes I think there were too many home truths and embaressments that ntl have scuppered it. I may be totally wrong but it's my opinion.

sattman 18:20 21 Nov 2003

Or do as I did you could ditch NTL mail altogether and use one of the many alternative free ISP, but routing through NTL.

I find that Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express is much easier to administer anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone