NTFSDOS

kentylad 15:37 16 Jul 2003

I have NTFSDOS Pro which gives me full read/write access to my HDD via DOS and is done so through the aid of 3 floppy disks.

However, I have now got a laptop with a 30GB HDD, NTFS format and with XP Pro. The only problem is, it does not have a floppy drive; external or internal, and was just wandering whether I could install NTFSDOS Pro on a CD and instead of my first boot device being a floppy srive; change it to cd-rom when needed.

Regards

Nick

y_not 16:02 16 Jul 2003

Burn the disks to CD, change the boot sequence to boot from CD first and it won't know the diference

kentylad 16:04 16 Jul 2003

what i'll do is burn a start-up disk onto an CDRW as a multi-session disk and then add the NTFSDOS disks

kentylad 17:25 16 Jul 2003

I have tried the above (as suggested by y_not) and it didn't seem to recognise the disk what-so-ever.

Once changing the boot sequence to CD-ROM (first boot device) it came up with an error stating 'no valid boot sequence disk' or something to that description.

What I did was create a Win XP Pro bootdisk via My Computer > Floppy > Format > Create MD-D0S Boot disk

I then copied this disk to a directory on my HDD for caching when burning. After this, I installed the NTFSDOS boot disk to the same directory and the XP boot disk and burnt the whole directory onto a CDRW via Nero.

polar_king 07:34 17 Jul 2003

after nero, did you finalise the disc, as only nero or udf will read open disc.

kentylad 08:03 17 Jul 2003

in what respect do you mean 'finalise' the disc?

kentylad 13:18 18 Jul 2003

I still cannot suss this out....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?