Ntf2.tmp

Splodge 08:58 18 Mar 2008

Can anyone tell me what Ntf1.tmp and Ntf2.tmp
file functions are please.

They arelocked so I cannot open or delete them.

I have searched the internet but cannot find simple explanations or simple removal tactics.

I also find that, if I look at my backup drive, they do not display but, if I reverse disks they do in the active disk!

One site recommended "SpywareBlaster" but that doesn't work and... I have doubts about the program anyway.

Please help!

MAJ 09:19 18 Mar 2008

Firstly, you should have no doubts about Spywareblaster, it's a very effective program. You don't run a scan with it, it blocks certain things installing on your computer in the first place, it works away quietly in the background, you have nothing to do to it except check for updates every few days or so.

Secondly: Try a scan with the Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner click here

Splodge 09:40 18 Mar 2008

Thanks Maj, I am pleased with your advice.

I will leave SpywareBlaster on and am currently running the Kaspersky scanner!

birdface 10:17 18 Mar 2008

Like you I could find nothing about them in Google.Like MAJ says SpywareBlaster is a must for most computers.

Splodge 06:37 19 Mar 2008

Morning both!

The scan by Kaspersky anti-virus discovered nothing but... I finally tried opening the Ntf.tmp files in notebook.

By then there were 6 of them! It appears that they are Microsoft files - intention unknown!
4 of them deleted immediately but 2 were still there, because they were in use. However, this morning on switching on, I see that both of them have now disappeared!

Thank you for your imput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?