ntbackup.exe for windows xp?

YinHoNg 14:12 04 Jul 2005

Hiya. I've backed up my c: drive using windows backup program. After that, i wiped and reinstalled my hard drive but now it seems i can't use that backup file to restore my data!!!

Apparently, i don't have ntbackup.exe to restore the data. Does anyone know how i can get that program onto my computer so i can back up my settings?

VoG II 14:14 04 Jul 2005
  YinHoNg 14:16 04 Jul 2005

I tried searching windows but couldn't find it! Can i ask what you typed into (i'm assuming) google, or windows to bring up that page?

VoG II 14:20 04 Jul 2005

Searched at click here

ventanas 14:21 04 Jul 2005

There is no need to search any further. Insert your XP CD (hold down shift to stop it autorunning) and browse to X:\valueadd\msft\ntbackup. where X is your CD drive letter. Double click the file ntbackup.msi as explained in vog's link. Backup will install.

YinHoNg 14:33 04 Jul 2005

ventanas - sorry, i did sound like an idiot the last post. I knew what i was supposed to do - i was just wondering how VoG went about finding that information - i'm trying to improve my researching skills.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?