NT File System conversion failed

holly 20:24 17 Jun 2004

I have two Hitachi Serial ATA 160GB Hard Drives (in a 0 Raid configeration) which shows on PC as Drive 'C' 306GB. I also have 512MB of DD Memory. I am trying to covert from Fat 32 To NTFS. Every time I use convert.exe it says it will convert next time I switch on PC. After I have re-started I then get a blue screen which checks the hard drive for errors. Then it checks to see if it has sufficient space. Then I get a message saying I have "INSUFFICIENT MEMORY - COVERSION FAILED". I have looked on M/Soft's Knowledge base and can find out about insufficient space but nothing about "Insufficient Memory" !!!!!!!!!!!!
Can any one throw any light on this problem please
HOLLY

Night Ryder 20:45 17 Jun 2004

You don't say what operating system you are using? This could be a matter of insuficient virtual memory. In which case you can adjust this manualy in advanced settings.

holly 20:54 17 Jun 2004

Night Ryder
Sorry I am using Windows XP
Holly

holly 20:54 17 Jun 2004

Night Ryder
Sorry I am using Windows XP
Holly

Night Ryder 21:10 17 Jun 2004

In this case what you could try is to right click the "My Computer" icon and select manage.
In the list of options go to disk management to list all the drives on your system. Try right clicking on the drive you are trying to format and select format. In the box that appears select the NTFS option in the file system box and see if this works.

Night Ryder 21:11 17 Jun 2004

Also, remember that if you have any data on this drive it will be lost so back up first if needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?