Now I seem to be Virgin Media

pj123 17:09 22 Jan 2007

I started off a long time ago with Norwich Cable.

Just a company that supplied Cable TV. That soon changed to Bell Cablemedia who added telephone facilities. Then it became Cable & Wireless, still with only TV and telephone.

Then NTL took over and offered TV, Telephone and Broadband.

Today I get mail saying it is now Virgin Media and promising me more exciting facilities in the future.

Where does it end?

Dizzy Bob 17:12 22 Jan 2007

Here?

click here

;-)

DB

Forum Editor 19:00 22 Jan 2007

from Speakers corner.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 22 Jan 2007

Now I'm really confused I thought I was in the Helproom

:0)

Totally-braindead 19:09 22 Jan 2007

No ones perfect.

Aargh 19:12 22 Jan 2007

That nice Mr Branson is slowly taking over Norwich, or did he shut the Virgin One account call centre? Perhaps he could put some cash into our football team!

polish 21:51 22 Jan 2007

im the same will have to see how it goes apparently they have spent £5m on the call centre with longer opening hours including the weekend

pj123 15:29 23 Jan 2007

According to the "Hello you" brochure I can find out more about "our" services by visiting

knowfirst.co.uk, which I did.

One of the links is "Got a Question?" I have many, but unfortunately, as with many other organisations, you can only ask from a limited list? There is no way that you can ask one of your own questions.

The reason for this posting is because both my NTL phones suddenly stopped working, following a power outage, in the Norwich area. I tried to contact NTL via their website but there is no information on how to contact them other than by telephone. Whichever way I tried to contact them all I got was a response "Please call us on 0845 454 0000". Not a lot of good if your phones are not working.

Hopefully, Branson is going to change all that!

terryf 15:37 23 Jan 2007

Is that Branson pickle?

pj123 16:24 23 Jan 2007

terryf, No, the pickle is Branston. Which is so much better than Branson.

pj123 17:27 27 Jan 2007

Update:

Another letter from Virgin Media received today, Saturday 27th January.

The switchover from NTL to Vigin Media will take place on 14th February 2007. I need do nothing.

"We'll take care of notifying your bank about the changes, so you don't need to complete a new Direct Debit instruction."

I just hope the changeover goes as smooth as Virgin thinks it will.

I don't care who I'm with as long as the service I am getting now continues.

It'll probably be taken over by a French or German company in a few years time anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?