Now getting blue screen...hard drive?

edenworkshops 14:12 04 Oct 2009

Hello

My PC has just started freezing and on a couple of occasions I have had blue screens.

Other times, like now, I can use the PC for some time before it freezes.

I have a new hard drive, do you think it likely the problem originates from there?

Thank you

Richard

mfletch 14:28 04 Oct 2009

Try this to see if it can isolate what is crashing windows

click here

theDarkness 23:55 04 Oct 2009

Blue screens dont always mean a physical problem, or that your hd is physically giving up, as an example. My own pc started freezing frequently just over one month ago, and also causing the far less frequent, but just as annoying, blue screen. the freezing has to be the worst thing ive ever experienced on a problematic pc! to date, no problems as of yet-after I uninstalled Comodo antivirus/firewall Suite. At a guess, I think it was some sort of incompatibility with Comodo together with either another program also installed at the same time, or installed windows software/drivers. impossible to tell, but im crossing my fingers it doesnt happen again.

after a crash on your own pc you should be able to check your event viewer, to try and find out if it gives a hint/error log with info on what was causing the problem. unfortunately on my own pc it did not state anything wrong, but its worth noting the time/date of any crash or blue screen and then checking it out click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone