novo ainol tablet, firmware update

ReneForbes 13:31 27 Aug 2014

When I turn on my tablet it gets stuck on the screen with the little green android robot, it will not do anything else. I contacted the company via email and they said to update firmware from computer. I have my mothers laptop that I can plug the tablet into. When I research how to update firmware it requires the devise to be on the start screen, I cannot get to it. Does anyone have any advise on how to fix this problem. Please help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:51 27 Aug 2014

7 8 or 9?

try a Hard reset

see here

bumpkin 15:08 27 Aug 2014

Don't know if any help but I have Novo 10 and as odd as it may sound there is a reset trip which is accessed by inserting a very thin bit of wire or a needle into the tiny hole marked as the microphone. I have used it a few times and you dont lose all your stuff. Hope it works for you.

ReneForbes 17:52 27 Aug 2014

I have a novo 7 trying to reset with a needle did not work, and neither did the hard reset. thanks anyway. I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:10 27 Aug 2014

I think you may well have to try the firmware update while its stuck on the loading screen.

ReneForbes 02:13 29 Aug 2014

how do I update the firmware while stuck on that screen?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:20 29 Aug 2014

fully charge the tablet (must not lose power while updating).

Copy the contents of the downloade firmware zip folder to the boot directory of an SD card. (do not leave the files in the zip folder / do not put the files in any other folder on the card. best to have an empty card to start with).

Place the card in the tablet (turn off the tablet).

Hold the volume + and turn on key.

Tablet should boot from the card and install the new firmware.

leave it for a while and it should boot up properly on completion.

ReneForbes 17:49 29 Aug 2014

I will have to get an SD card and try that. Thank you for that information. I will post results after I try it.

bumpkin 17:59 29 Aug 2014

I can't see how you can copy the firmware on to an SD card if you are stuck on the loading screen.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 29 Aug 2014

bumpkin

you download it to a PC unzip it and copy files on to SD card, then boot the tablet with the card in the tablet.

bumpkin 18:29 29 Aug 2014

I see what you mean now, my misunderstanding as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017