Novell password has changed, cant start pc

Ionbarber 20:19 06 Jan 2007

I have since carried out a update on windows and shut down, since this I have been unable to start my PC again as pass word is know incorrect !!!

Technotiger 20:47 06 Jan 2007

Hi, can you restart your pc in Safe Mode, then perhaps you can do a System Restore back to before the problem occurred. To get into safe mode, keep pressing F8 during startup.

Technotiger 09:07 07 Jan 2007

Date: Sun, 07/01/2007 | 07:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Thanks for the asistance, however this has not solveed the problem. The laptop still starts with Novell Client for windows, when i enter my original user name and password its now incorrect. Any fuher ideas. Cheers

I would advise you to start again in Safe Mode and then uninstall Novell Client for Windows.

Please note - In view of your continuing unauthorised used of my Yellow Envelope I refuse as of now, to offer you any further assistance, I shall ignore any further communication from you, either by email or within this Forum.

Ionbarber 10:36 07 Jan 2007

Apologise to Mr Technotiger.

I have just joined the forum and picking up the rights from wrongs for which i have just learned one.

The Novell password is the first thing I am confronted with, without the pass word in normal or safemode it wont enter windows.

If there was a way to go back 24hrs or to start windows without Novell and I at least view the changes.

terryf 10:42 07 Jan 2007

Boot up from win cd and do a repair?

Technotiger 10:46 07 Jan 2007

OK - I accept your apology ... because you are a new member, but you had already been told at least four times about use of the Yellow Envelope, so consider your hand well and truly slapped - or go and stand in the corner for 15 minutes!!

I will try and think of a possible solution for your problem, and will get back to this Thread if I can. Meanwhile, I am sure other members will come in with their suggestions too.

Come on Guys/Guyes's help us out here !!

Technotiger 10:48 07 Jan 2007

Hi, that is the next thing I was about to suggest. I was going to ask if he had original XP CD.

Ionbarber 11:37 07 Jan 2007

I am going top try and rebout from cd, but I may need further advice from that point.

Thanks Mr Tecnotiger, as you can see i am becoming aware of the and very very helpful new world I have become a member of.

Ionbarber 11:49 07 Jan 2007

I have gone throught the motion of windows setup with the disk and I have got the stage where it ask me to set up windows/to repair windows using recovery console, I pressed to repair

It then says which windows installation would you like to log onto, I am not sure what to type as there are no options

Technotiger 11:57 07 Jan 2007

It is so long since I did my own that I cannot remember exactly, but just log on to Windows.

Ionbarber 12:04 07 Jan 2007

yep done that by pressing 1, it then ask me for an admistration code, which i assumed was the windows security code, but I tried both codes which failed then it told me I had enter three incorrect codes therefore it returned to windows without letting me any further.

The one thing I have noticed since this went wrong yesterday id that the screen resolutions have changed and every thing is larger. ?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?