novell login bypass

tm4 13:14 11 Mar 2009

I have recently been given a laptop but it has a novell login screen first. The name and/or password is wrong so I cannot access the pc. If I tick the workstation only box I still cannot get in and have tried booting from a cd too. Would somebody please let me know how I can get past the novell login, once past that I am sure I will be able to disable it and use the laptop as normal.

Thanks

logoff 22:49 11 Mar 2009

Novell access is usually for people to access work servers from home (or laptops!). You usually need the login and password from the work ICT people to access.
Could be wrong but hope this might help.

tm4 15:54 18 Mar 2009

You are right, it was a laptop for use at work but been upgraded hence I have it for home. Only problem is I cannot get past teh login screen.
Scenario
Turn on, Novell login screen appears, input user name and pwd given to me, doesn't recognise it. Tick workstation only, nothing happens. Boot up in safe mode, gives me a list but no command prompt. have XP CD in D drive, turn on, ignores the drive and boots up as normal with Novell screen.

Any ideas how to get past the Novell screen? Once I can get to the Start menu I can uninstall Novell

Thanks

TM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?