notepad/wordpad

tiberius 16:59 22 Jan 2007

I used the old microsoft card index successfully but cannot access the information now on XP as I only get unintelligible nonsense on either wordpad or notepad. Can I regain access to the cards or at least is there a way of making sense of the reports I can find on the two pads?

howard64 19:39 22 Jan 2007

it would seem that your files are in a spreadsheet or database form. You need one of these to try and open it. If you do not have either of these on your pc you can download the free office prog or it is on some of the cover disks. Just type free office prog into google.

Joe R 20:24 22 Jan 2007

tiberius,

what file format do these files have.?

skidzy 20:30 22 Jan 2007

Openoffice free click here

tiberius 10:14 25 Jan 2007

Thank you all. I have installed Open Office but cannot still make any sense of the old cardfile reports. As you will gather I am not very bright in computer matters and am not sure what is meant by file format - the programmes I would love to find have the letters CRD and JOT after them Does this help.

VoG II 10:22 25 Jan 2007
  tiberius 19:21 28 Jan 2007

Thank you. I still have to understand how to get this to work but your help id appreciated.

baldtaco 20:01 28 Jan 2007

Windows Instructions
Copy this program and your cardfile files to some directory, e.g. C:\TEMP. Then start a MS-DOS prompt from the Start menu, and type:
C:
CD \TEMP
CRD2HTML file.CRD > OUTPUT.HTM

click here

tiberius 17:14 07 Feb 2007

Gosh! Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?