notepad

podlod 12:45 16 Nov 2007

Hi, could someone please explain why I cannot save anything in notepad, as when I try to save something that I need to in notepad, nothing happens?

hiwatt 13:06 16 Nov 2007

If you go into file and choose "save as" and give it a title it should save that way.

hiwatt 13:09 16 Nov 2007

Make sure you save it somewhere you know where to find it.It should save in "my documents" automatically though.

Sea Urchin 13:39 16 Nov 2007

My system (Office 2003) seems to automatically save it to the C Drive, so you may need to change it and specify My Documents.

podlod 14:07 16 Nov 2007

Thanks for coming back to me, but as I said when I want to save and I click save when I get a report from my anti virus software, nothing happens, a sign of the notepad comes up and then just disappears, and it does not give me a choice?

podlod 14:43 16 Nov 2007

Hi marg, yes I can copy and paste no prob.
Could you please tell me how I can save to somewhere else or how to get to the location, im not to bright on certain aspects of the pc, thanks

podlod 09:56 17 Nov 2007

Hi Marg, yes I have saved the report by copy & paste to Microsoft word but some wont accept unless its in notepad?dont know why not?

podlod 12:30 17 Nov 2007

Hi marg saved the result for report from bit def on word as you suggested, ok, now what?

podlod 14:26 17 Nov 2007

Thanks Marg, but I have sent a report off to Bit Def but have not come back to me now for 3 days, I am at my wits end, and what with this damned filepicker as well, I cant download anything!!!!! what the hell is it?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone