Not responding

mousee 11:15 28 Sep 2009

My son aged 7 has an HP G 6093 laptop running Vista Home Premium, it has 2 gig of memory and takes about 6-7 minutes from starting to be able to use it, no matter which programme I use first it freezes and shows "not responding", my son suffers from autism and lives for his laptop, but every day now he gets upset because he thinks his computer is going to break and he thinks its his fault. To be honest I'm very tempted to remove Vista and install XP, HPs site state that they no longer support XP so this makes me wonder if the drivers are available for my laptop.

Can anyone help please?

cream. 11:48 28 Sep 2009

First. they do have drivers for XP click here and click here&#

Home premium should be workable with 2Gb of ram. To start, get rid of the crap that comes with HP. Go through programs and delete those not needed. Also run msconfig/ start up to stop those programs running at windows start up. Have a look through click here to make a start.

cream. 11:52 28 Sep 2009

XXXXXXXXXXX :-) click here

birdface 12:15 28 Sep 2009

Open task manager and see what is using up most of the CPU.If nothing running System idle process should be showing about 97% which is normal.
if any of your security programs are running at start up change the time for them to run or just run them manually.
You did not say what security programs that you have tried .Maybe give Malwarebytes free version a try to see what it finds if anything.
It maybe some of the drivers need updating.You could try Driver Max[free]that will tell you if any needed.It will let you download one a day but you may be quicker going to the manufacturing sites to download the latest updates from there.

birdface 12:16 28 Sep 2009

click here

The free version on the left you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?