Not receiving notification of posts

sheila.weston 10:34 28 Mar 2009

Why do I not receive emails from PCAdvisor when there is a new post on my thread in the forum. Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't appear in my SPAM box, so is presumably being deleted by Vista windows mail or a filter somewhere. Any idea how I can check?

I wold add that some of the circulars from PC Advisor *do* appear in my SPAM box.

tullie 10:51 28 Mar 2009

Did you tick the box asking to be notified?

sheila.weston 22:49 02 Apr 2009

Sorry for delay in replying. I have tried ticking and not ticking. I think that you don't tick the box if you want notifying, don't you? I feel that it must be a problem with a filter somewhere.

birdface 22:55 02 Apr 2009

Box has to be ticked.It usually is.I always untick it so that I do not receive e-mails.

Graham. 00:02 03 Apr 2009

Check your email address in My Profile, and check on your ISP server for spam.

mooly 07:27 03 Apr 2009

Happens to me all the time... even if I start a thread I get a couple of notifications, then no more.

eedcam 08:33 03 Apr 2009

No box to tick in my profile

Sea Urchin 09:48 03 Apr 2009

"even if I start a thread....."

You only get notified if it was you that started the thread

sheila.weston 18:44 10 Apr 2009

I'll have to give up on this one. The notifications certainly haven't gone into my spam folder. The email address in My Profile is correct, although it is an alias I wonder if that makes any difference, although it didn't used to. Thanks for your suggestions.

OTT_Buzzard 18:56 10 Apr 2009

Is pcadvisor.co.uk registered with Goodmail? There are untold delays in emails and stopped emails if you're not!

eedcam 19:20 10 Apr 2009

Just another facet of this forums failures nearly all forums allow editing . replying to individual posters and notification of any thread you subscribe to /I find it hard to believe that you have to be the originator to get notified are you sure about that Sea Urchin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?