not receiving all email with outlook express

nellyjenny 07:47 15 Mar 2007

Over the past weeks I have not been receiving replies to e mails sent to friends. So I tested the system by sending various types of messages whilst talking to them on the phone at the same time. E mails sent back to me in purely text form never arrive, but if a picture was added to the e mail it came straight away, also forwarded as attachment worked as well. E mails from ebay, cnet, ticketmaster etc all arrive no problem. Checked all settings and they look ok. Totally baffled and would appreciate any help.
Thanks
I am using windows xp and outlook express and am on Orange.

wee eddie 08:39 15 Mar 2007

You may have a Spam filter, or some-such, turned on there.

Jackcoms 08:42 15 Mar 2007

It might also be worth logging into your account at Orange's webmail service.

Do the 'missing' e-mails arrive there or, as wee eddie says, do you have a spam filter turned on at Orange webmail which is swallowing the missing e-mails?

Jackcoms 09:52 15 Mar 2007

Via e-mail:

"Thanks for your response. As such I have no filters set up. A message "rule" was created years ago to delete spam at server level and thats all there is. I'll remove it for a while and see what happens".

Please do NOT use the yellow envelope to contact members unless invited to do so.

No doubt you'll let us know (via this thread) whether or not removing the spam filter solves your problem.

Kate B 09:57 15 Mar 2007

A friend of mine is with Orange and his emails, both incoming and outgoing, go astray more often than he'd like. No solution, I'm afraid, but you're not alone.

rubyred1 18:19 29 Sep 2007

I've just changed broadband providers and have followed the instructions to set up my new emails with outlook express. However I can send but am not receiving. My new provider is sky and I have checked on the sky site for my emails and they are there, so I know they have been sent OK. I know once I have opened them on Sky then they probably won't come via OE as well but I have checked on OE first. I am using OE version 6 on windows XP. I would appreciate any help
Thanks

rubyred1 18:19 29 Sep 2007

sorry posted on wrong thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?