Not receiveing my emails.

pierc113 13:26 30 Sep 2006

My outlook express email as stopped receiveing emails but it is still sending emails ok, I have checked on the ntl server and theres 5 emails, I have checked my firewall (mcafee) outlook as allow full access, In outlook express properties/servers my incoming mail address as changed to numbers 127.0.01 but when i change it to pop3 address and apply outlook connects but cannot authorize. am using windows xp home

Jackcoms 13:27 30 Sep 2006

Perhaps your Forum name should be "Billy No Mates"?

pierc113 13:31 30 Sep 2006

Thanks for your help Jackcoms NOT!!

Forum Editor 14:06 30 Sep 2006

I'll try to help.

Do you have anti-virus software installed, or perhaps an anti-spam program?

If you do, turn them off one at a time, and see if you can receive mail - if one particular program seems to be the culprit, post back here, and we'll sort it out.

pierc113 14:25 30 Sep 2006

My anti virus is mcafee, it says in the spam killer no emails have been blocked, tryed turning anti virus off but still could not receive email, This is my main pc in the house on a shared connection, I have just tryed my other pc and set outlook up on there and it received the emails ok, I have tryed doing a roll back to the day before i received my last email but that made no differance

pierc113 09:53 01 Oct 2006

Anyone got any ideas, Something is changeing my pop address and user name, if i change them to the correct details my email works ok but if i turn off pc or restart my pop address gos to 127.0.0.1 and it adds @ntlworld to my user name.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:22 01 Oct 2006

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Also, you can get to the IE Tools menu by clicking Start > Run and type

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

pierc113 10:50 01 Oct 2006

Hi, There is no internet explorer in the add/remove programs, I tryed the run and it came back " error loading setupwbv.dll..the specified module could not be found". have just looked on add new programs internet explorer as a tick in it but it says 0.0 MB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?