not my email!

aboutit 10:38 30 Nov 2006

I have recieved an email today confirming an order I have not placed. It states its an automated email so no links or anything. When I checked the email address it was not addressed to me but to another msn.com account . can anyone explain how it came to me and what I should do about it?

Jackcoms 10:39 30 Nov 2006

Possibly spam. Delete and ignore.

birdface 10:58 30 Nov 2006

Like Jackoms said probably 99% spam.But just to be in the safe side ,check your bank accounts make sure that there are no entries in there that you dont know about,

Ptolemy 11:09 30 Nov 2006

"When I checked the email address it was not addressed to me but to another msn.com account . can anyone explain how it came to me..."

Your address - probably along with hundreds of other [email protected] addresses - is in the "bcc" list so that you can't see it. I'd guess the idea is to get people to reply saying they've recived it in error then you get inundated with spam.

FYI there is a new Windows mail client click here that is compatible with msn/hotmail accounts and has much better junk mail filters.

aboutit 16:51 30 Nov 2006

many thanks what confused me is that my email address is nowhere to be seen only another persons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?