not much differance integrated vs seperate graphic

merlin23 11:45 04 Mar 2007

hi all my medion desktop pc has an integrated graphics card, (sg viachrome pro)which uses 64mb of system memory, i purchased a geforce 6200 graphics card from misco £37.

the 6200 has 256mb onboard ram , pc has 1250mb of ram. installed 6200 card, and can see no conflicts shown under hardware/device manager etc.

(not sure if i needed to alter something in system bios prior to insterlation of 6200 card)

i changed the card as if i ever decided to go the vista route , integrated card would not be suitable.

however i cannot really see any noticible differance between the integrated graphics card and the 6200 , although i never played games on the pc, trying google earth there seems to be be no change between the two.

trying vista upgrade advisor to see if the 6200 was deemed suitable , advisor for some reason will not complete a scan of system win xp home service pack 2, and asks for later vertion of advisor???

which makes me wonder if my pc is set up correctly, latest bios and drivers are installed, card and pc is agp vertion .

thank you

ulrich 11:58 04 Mar 2007

Have you turned off the intergrated graphics in the bios?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone