Not eough free virtual memory

AJ25 19:33 24 Jan 2007

We bought our 5 year old a learning CD but when we load it an error message comes up that the program requires at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run.

My PC is pretty high end and I've never seen this problem. Can someone tell me whats going on?

STREETWORK 19:43 24 Jan 2007
  SLAYER 19:44 24 Jan 2007

This any help. click here

click here

mymate 19:45 24 Jan 2007

Pinched this from someone else who had the same problem.

virtual Memory is space allocated on your hard drive for those times that your physical memory (RAM) is not enough.

To increase the amount of virtual memory go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory "Change" > Custom Size > adjust as needed. 1.5 times your physical RAM is a good minimum and 3 times your physical memory in MB is good for your maxim

ed-0 19:56 24 Jan 2007

I think the CD you have bought is not compatable with XP. It's probably not windows page file memory but dos memory.

What is the name of the software.

ed-0 20:02 24 Jan 2007

If it is say windows 95, 98 or me.

Open the folder that was created by the game on the "C" drive. Right click the exe and pick run this game in compatability mode.

Or

"*System needs at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run.

Solution-

This message comes up if you have a lot of physical and virtual memory even though it says you don't have enough. Reduce the amount of virtual memory on your system and this error goes away. To do this:

-Click on Start, then Select Run.

-Type in sysdm.cpl and click Ok

-This will bring up your system properties window. Click on the Advanced tab at the top.

-Now in the Performance section you will see a Settings button. Click this button.

-This will open up a performance options window. Click the Advanced tab at the top of this window.

-Towards the bottom of this page you will see a virtual memory box. In this box is a Change button. Click this button.

-Set the Initial size, and the Maximum size to 100MB.

-Click OK.

-You will now have to restart your computer.

-Now the game should work fine. "

from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?