Not in Device manager

Hetti 12:52 30 Nov 2004

I need to unistall/reinstall my printer, It is not in device manager hbow do I proceed/

MichelleC 12:55 30 Nov 2004

You have to clean uninstall software (which contains driver). Uninstall via add/remove, THEN type in maker in Find/Search and delete. Also go to Printers and delete. Reboot, then reinstall.

Hetti 13:04 30 Nov 2004

MichelleC

Thanks, Im on 2nd PC at the moment cannot get to the one I need to uninstall printer at moment, but the printer is not in add/remove or device manager,will the above instructions still work?

Rtus 15:10 30 Nov 2004

If you have usb printer (most do now) then look in Control panel. most are listed under PRINTER & FAXES icon. here you can add/remove /manage . However if an epson printer run the software with printer off it will guide you to your usb or lpt port selection etc until installed youll then find you have 2 printers in the printer faxes heading.

Hetti 15:55 30 Nov 2004

Rtus
No its a parrell port and Win ME, the printer works but I cannot acsess any options to run a test page, check Ink levels or anythink else that should be displayed, when the printer is printing, the progress is displayed but printer setup box is blank, which is why I thought un/reinstall mayhelp.

Rtus 18:53 30 Nov 2004

re install status monitor ,is all that should be required. however you will find that adding a printer from the software disc adds all thats required to run it.including ink monitors,you then go to control panel & select the printers & faxes icon you should see 2 listed one as default (that should be the last one added) from there right click its icon & ask for properties >look for printer, preferences tab >click & select maintenance tab .. its ok to have more than one printer listed ,I do even though Ive in fact only 1 printer on the machine.I set one for drafts. 1 for letters.& 1 for photo printing & merely select which printer to use at printout.Saves time later if you see what I mean.

Rtus 18:59 30 Nov 2004

Hope im not confusing you (you havent mentioned which make/model printer it is (the guide above is for epson types)however serves to be a guide for many other Usb types too.The status monitor is the bit that shows how much inks left/allows you to clean heads etcon some printers its installed automatically after the printer software .on others you have to tell it to.

joethebow 19:09 30 Nov 2004

Put the original printer disk in the CDROM drive. Once it finds the printer already installed it should ask if you want to uninstall it. If not just reinstall over the top of the old one.

Hetti 19:31 30 Nov 2004

Sorry Rtus
It is a sharp AJ1805, and I do not have soft ware that came with the printer. How would I reinstall status monitor,can that be done without software?

Hetti 19:39 30 Nov 2004

forgot to add this printer has to be told to clean head ect, but as I said I dont have the status monitor to do it

Rtus 21:22 30 Nov 2004

hold tight searching for software....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?