not computer related

LANDCRUISER 15:17 04 Jan 2006

my wife has required her dads old car due to his death, its a honda accord & has honda sat nav installed but her dad did not buy the disc,my wife wants me to get one,i went to honda & they want over £200 och,does anyone know if i can get a cheaper one that will work with the honda system?

freaky 16:34 04 Jan 2006

I have a Honda, and I doubt very much if you will get the disc cheaper apart from phoning around various dealers.

If you could source the manufacturer of the sat nav, then you might get it cheaper from them.

The Accords are made Japan, so the sat nav is probably Japanese.

The cheapest sat nav system you could buy would cost more than £200, so your choice is limited.

LANDCRUISER 00:23 05 Jan 2006

Thanks freaky for your responce,is it possible to buy say co-pilot program then burn it to a cd will this work or other programs that are on the market for sale.because if i have to pay £200 from honda i might as well buy a portable system,i seen a disc offered for sale on ebay for sale about £10 but i thought this to be quiet cheap & to good to be true. anyone else put an input on this matter ta

freaky 19:52 05 Jan 2006

If you want to keep the built-in Sat Nav for the Honda, then you will have get a disc.

Alternatively you could buy a portable system, then share it between you and your wife, dependent on who needs it at the time.

On 5th Gear a few weeks ago they did a report on the various systems available. Their favourite and also the cheapest was Tom Tom - sorry I can't remember how much it cost though !

freaky 20:56 05 Jan 2006

I have been informed that you can purchase Tom Tom from Comet at £249 - this price is available if you purchase it directly from their website.

Can be bought direct from one of their stores, but the price would be higher.

Let me know what you decide.

freaky

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:09 05 Jan 2006
  LANDCRUISER 00:01 06 Jan 2006

Thanks for your input guys,looked at the site & it has three possibles,will have to check the wife car on saturday in the light to see the model she has to get the correct disc,still cheaper than honda prices will let you know then.TA

Stuartli 00:27 06 Jan 2006

It's the Tom Tom One that was recommended on Fifth Gear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?