'not authorised to view this page'

karr 15:26 10 Jan 2006

Having problems on the internet, I have been unable to access some pages and get a page saying 'you are not authorised to view this page'. I have just tried to download an update of adobe but get so far and this page appears - anybody got any ideas???

Cesare 15:29 10 Jan 2006

Do you have Roxio software in your computer?

karr 15:32 10 Jan 2006

sorry - what is roxio software?

pj123 15:32 10 Jan 2006

Generally, "'you are not authorised to view this page'" means it is a private site and unless you have been given the "password" to view it you can't.

I have one of these private sites with personal photo's on, but unless I give you the access code and password you won't be able to access it.

All you will get is the "you are not authorised... etc."

karr 15:35 10 Jan 2006

I am trying to access business pages and have had no trouble looking at them from my work computer - I think yhere must be some security setting on my machine but don't know what it would be.

Stuartli 15:43 10 Jan 2006

Many websites have members, trade or business trading areas and these are usually barred to retail or casual visitors; as pj123 points out authorised users will normally have their own username and password to gain access.

karr 15:53 10 Jan 2006

Yes I do have Roxio on here, something to do with music??? Is this what is causing the problems?

karr 15:55 10 Jan 2006

I have been in touch with a couple of the websites and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to access as they have no passwords installed.

pj123 16:18 10 Jan 2006

OK, so can you give us a link to one of these websites?

karr 16:23 10 Jan 2006

click here this loads ok, when I go onto free projects that page loads but ir won't let me do any of the downloads 'not authorised page comes up'

pj123 17:15 10 Jan 2006

What version of Acrobat have you got. I see they need version 5 or above. There is also a link on the site to download the latest version of Acrobat reader.

From what I can see these are not programs but just instructions on how to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)