'not authorised to view this page'

karr 15:26 10 Jan 2006

Having problems on the internet, I have been unable to access some pages and get a page saying 'you are not authorised to view this page'. I have just tried to download an update of adobe but get so far and this page appears - anybody got any ideas???

Cesare 15:29 10 Jan 2006

Do you have Roxio software in your computer?

karr 15:32 10 Jan 2006

sorry - what is roxio software?

pj123 15:32 10 Jan 2006

Generally, "'you are not authorised to view this page'" means it is a private site and unless you have been given the "password" to view it you can't.

I have one of these private sites with personal photo's on, but unless I give you the access code and password you won't be able to access it.

All you will get is the "you are not authorised... etc."

karr 15:35 10 Jan 2006

I am trying to access business pages and have had no trouble looking at them from my work computer - I think yhere must be some security setting on my machine but don't know what it would be.

Stuartli 15:43 10 Jan 2006

Many websites have members, trade or business trading areas and these are usually barred to retail or casual visitors; as pj123 points out authorised users will normally have their own username and password to gain access.

karr 15:53 10 Jan 2006

Yes I do have Roxio on here, something to do with music??? Is this what is causing the problems?

karr 15:55 10 Jan 2006

I have been in touch with a couple of the websites and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to access as they have no passwords installed.

pj123 16:18 10 Jan 2006

OK, so can you give us a link to one of these websites?

karr 16:23 10 Jan 2006

click here this loads ok, when I go onto free projects that page loads but ir won't let me do any of the downloads 'not authorised page comes up'

pj123 17:15 10 Jan 2006

What version of Acrobat have you got. I see they need version 5 or above. There is also a link on the site to download the latest version of Acrobat reader.

From what I can see these are not programs but just instructions on how to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone