Not able to send Emails from Thurderbird or OE

Allan RISC OS user 12:49 01 Dec 2006

We am having great difficulty with 1 of our email addresses (which has worked OK before) - now each time we try to send an email from that particular address we get the following message:-

“Alert:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: From: address not verified; see click here. Please verify that your email address is correct in your mail preferences and try again.”

I have tried to find the problem at this address/website but without success.

I have created another address which gives the same problem. I have 2 email addresses for myself with Yahoo.co.uk and one with the service provider Tiscali, these can receive and send messages. The one which my wife used is the one which will not allow messages to be sent, and gives the error message. She can receive messages on her original and the second email address I set up for her. Both are with Yahoo.co.uk.

If she signs into click here she is recognised and can send emails using either address.

The problem occurred about 2 weeks ago and is still on going. We normally used Thunderbird, and have also tried Outlook Express both give same message. I have checked all the setting in both thurnderbird and Outlook Express cannot see any reason for the problem.
Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan RISC OS user 17:23 04 Dec 2007

a

Stuartli 17:31 04 Dec 2007

From Outlook Express>Tools>Accounts>highlight your Default e-mail address or ISP>Properties>Connections tab and, from the drop down menu, ensure that your main ISP Sends and Receives messages.

You need to do this for each account and also to tick the Always Collect Mail (from this account) for other non-default e-mail accounts.

The POP and SMTP configuration for non-default e-mail accounts should not be altered.

The settings should then be Imported into Thunderbird if you also use it.

By the way, if you Reply to a non-default e-mail messague, ensure from the From drop down menu in the message panel that you change it to your Default ISP e-mail address (this ensures it will be Sent via your ISP and not rejected).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017