Nortorn Ghost

Revi 16:24 20 Jan 2003
  Revi 16:24 20 Jan 2003

I have about 30 GB worth of material in my PC which I would like to copy and keep so that in case my PC crashes I don’t loose everything for good. Besides valuable programs, I have films, music, Emails and documents. I wanted to purchase Norton Ghost so that I could copy everything from my HDD into CDs and archive them. But a friend of mine who has experience in building PCs says Norton Ghost is no good. On the other hand I am tempted to buy it because I see plenty of shops selling it. Some advice please!

Sir Radfordin™ 16:30 20 Jan 2003

Get your friend to qualify his statement and then make your choice. We used it at work on 50+ machines, and continue to do so without problems so it can't be that bad.

Diemmess 16:57 20 Jan 2003

Ghost (for home operators like me) has been a solid life saver. ....... Reliable, stable, and simple. provided you follow the instruction "on the tin".

In fact I am depending on an image made today when I dared to fiddle with Windows. The fiddle is yet to prove worthwhile.

If not, I can put things back exactly as they were in under 15 minutes.

Revi 17:01 20 Jan 2003

Thanks a lot for the encouragement.

BRYNIT 17:09 20 Jan 2003

No problems with Ghost, eaasy to use.

fitfella29 17:15 20 Jan 2003

thumbs up to ghost too.

Revi 17:40 20 Jan 2003

Thanks a lot guys. I've decided to buy one.

I know that this thread has been marked as resolved, but I'd like to add my own endorsement for Norton Ghost. I added a second hard drive to my system several years ago and use Norton Ghost to copy my regular drive to my backup drive every day. Since then, my system has crashed 4 times; each time, I restored my Ghost backup with perfect results. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid triple the price (or more) for this kind of protection. Put your coat on now, drive to the store and buy it. Good luck -- Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?