Nortons firewall will not install upgraded to xp

jakbiker 14:28 03 Jun 2005

Just upgraded from Me to Xp, Nortons systemworks installed ok but Nortons Personal Firewall 2005 which I uninstalled before the upgrade now sticks.I get the first screen which says "install" "browse" "exit" but when I click on install it vanishes and nothing happens. Tried "browse" thats ok but when I click on any of the set up icons it says I must start with the msi...Any clues what to do next. Thanks

Indigo 1 14:56 03 Jun 2005

As you probably know XP is a very different system to ME. The firewall would need to be configured differently, try contacting Norton.

jakbiker 15:03 03 Jun 2005

I get as far as putting the cd in the tray then it loads to the first screen thats as far as I have got....

Indigo 1 15:37 03 Jun 2005

Sorry but you did say "which I uninstalled before the upgrade" are you now saying that you are using a new version ?

jakbiker 17:49 03 Jun 2005

I uninstalled nortons systemworks and nortons personal firewall 2005. Then I upgraded from me to xp from an upgrade cd. Then I reinstalled the same systemworks ok seems ok with the antivirus working, then tried to instal the firewall. Using a belken wireless router..everything else is working ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?