Norton won't allow Windows Media Sharing

Anti_Virus 16:09 11 Jan 2008

Hi, I have my Xbox 360 connected to my Home LAN, the same one which my PC is connected to. I found out about media streaming onto the Xbox, i.e. movies and music, which I'm very interested in doing. I've followed all the instructions here: click here which initially I thought had worked. My PC's name came up on the Xbox. However, when I try and connect to the PC, it fails. I thought it might have something to do with my firewall, which is Norton Internet Security 2008. So I disabled it. I retried connecting the Xbox, and this time it worked. I was able to watch a movie that was on my PC on my Xbox. While playback of the movie was still going I re-enabled my Firewall, and it worked. The movie contiuned to play. I thought that was the problem solved, but no. Once I've gone back to the main Xbox Dashboard, I have to disable NIS again to connect back up to my PC. I have gone into the NIS Firewall settings and added the Xbox's IP address as an allowed connection, aswell as the Gateway address of my router. However, this didn't work. Can any help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?