Norton Vs Zonealarm

918 22:24 23 Jul 2005

can i install Zonealarm if Norton still has a few days to run or should i delete Norton now.
can you run two firewalls together

Number 7 22:39 23 Jul 2005

Uninstall Norton, then install Zonealarm.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:41 23 Jul 2005

Do not run two firewalls they will conflict.

wait till norton runs out use there own removal tool (on their web site) to make sure you have everything off your PC as norton uses many resources.

918 23:54 23 Jul 2005

cheers all i actually tried to install zonealarm and no it did'nt like it one bit.i should of asked first sorry .will i have done any hard as things dont seem the same

961 09:37 24 Jul 2005

If this Norton is an all in one with virus checker and firewall then you need to ensure that you install a new virus checker as well.

As I understand it you have tried unsuccessfully to install Zone Alarm and you still have Norton installed

If this is right then you need to uninstall any Zone Alarm files that have installed. Try using add/remove programmes or a zone alarm istaller if one has arrived in your list of programmes. Otherwise search for Zone Alarm files via start>search and remove them and any folders manually

Then you need to download a new virus checker. If you get (free) Avast you can download the programme and the up to date database as two separate downloads. Once you have done that, disconnect from the internet, uninstall Norton, re-boot and open the Avast installer. The new virus programme will install and after that you can click on the database and the up to date virus definitions will install. Re-boot and then you can install Zone Alarm from the disk or whatever.

As Fruit Bat says, Norton can be quite difficult to uninstall. They do have a tool you can download

918 14:55 24 Jul 2005

once zonealarm is correctly installed will it show icon on desk top or just tool bar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone