Norton SystemWorks 2002 problem

Diodorus Siculus 12:15 01 Jun 2004

Asked to look at a friend's PC.

Got Win98 first edition; runs system works 2002.

All updates install but after restarting, virus definitions are not saved and need to be installed again. Now got 4.2mb of updates to install each time.

Any suggestions / workarounds?

I have removed NSW / reinstalled / cleaned registry... you name it.

Suggested getting Avast but not an option it seems. Paid for new definitions on March 24th.

Taff36 12:42 01 Jun 2004

Dio - Had something similar with NAV 2002 conflicting with a previous version. Found this click here

but still looking for something closer.

Taran 12:50 01 Jun 2004

The only similar experience I've encountered with Systemworks could not be resolved using the steps you mention and a clean install of Windows followed.

That cured it, but it is a bit on the radical side.

Where the problems are stubborn and a fix is not obvious I normally start with a clean slate. It is far easier to do that sometimes than try to clean up a mess when you don't know or can't find the cause.

Sorry I can't offer anything more constructive.

handy4x 13:12 01 Jun 2004

i had a similar problem and their is a confict with live up date and a windows security update their was a patch on the norton web site but my problem was with xp not 98 bt its worth alook at symantic .com

Diodorus Siculus 13:43 01 Jun 2004

Thanks for those; I will get the time and do a complete reinstall of Windows - drastic for this but it will also sort out a few other problems too I expect.

There was indeed an earlier version installed - version 2000 if I recall correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?