Norton system Works V Panda

billyliv 08:57 13 Jul 2003

Hi, 12 months ago I purchased System Works 2002 from PC World. (Off the shelf) Now Norton is telling me that my subscription has expired and that I will have to pay £24.99 to have it re-instated. I have uninstalled System Works and at the moment I am trying out an evaluation issue of Panda A.V. Anyone have anything good to say about Panda?. Cheers, Bill

-pops- 09:05 13 Jul 2003

Panda is not one of the more popular A/V programs and from a quick glance at the website, it seems that it costs money.

There is no need to pay for antivirus protection and there are many free programs that are used by forum members. My own A/V is AVG from click here although after many years of use, I now have the paid for version as I started to feel guilty having it free for so long!

Brian

Belatucadrus 09:08 13 Jul 2003

click here for a posting on Panda.

click here for the latest forum recommendations on AV software.

My suggestion is as usual, check out the link to avast 4 click here .

Belatucadrus 09:18 13 Jul 2003

click here a Panda review

click here for AVG

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:58 13 Jul 2003

*repeat*...AVG, had it for 2 years and I open (or try to open)every attachment that I receive, use the preview pane in Outlook, AVG is free and updated regulary, uses very little space and resources, so-called AV tests are the epitome of major suckage as, a) the results vary wildly from one company to the other and b)the tests are not real-life, merely lab tests and AVG has caught everything...'nuff said. *end*

G

Mango Grummit 10:41 13 Jul 2003

The trouble with any AV you have is that if there is an infection that it does not detect you will obviously be unaware of it. I was.

I had AVG installed for about 18 months then moved some data via CD to another machine on which PC-cillin was installed. That CD was carrying an infection which AVG had not detected...'nuff said.

M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017