NORTON SYSTEM DOCTOR

BELSOX 16:35 11 Jun 2007

This software has just expired naand I am required to buy an extended period of cover. It has been OK but I wondered what peoples experienceces have been with other versions. I would be very reluctant, if I were to change, to lose the packaged 'GO BACK' re-instating system which is better than going back to Microsoft's safe point. This software does not appear to be offered in the new Norton stuff and doesn't appear to be offered anywhere as a styand alone item.

Terry Brown 16:46 11 Jun 2007

It seems that Norton have dropped the systemworks package, I would say go for a backup package like Acronis, which is a better option or you could use Nero 6 (currently available for about £9) which contains 'back-it-up'
Terry

BELSOX 16:50 11 Jun 2007

Thanks Terry, I'll take peep
Belsox

BELSOX 16:55 11 Jun 2007

Terry Brown
Just looked NERO ^. It appears to be an entertainment package. Have I missed something?
Belsox

sunny staines 16:56 11 Jun 2007

nero 6 has the option to make back ups to cd/dvd.

stylehurst 17:02 11 Jun 2007

Personally I would always use Acronis in preference to the back up option in Nero.
Acronis will get you up & running even if your PC won't boot; provided you have made the emergency boot disk of course.

BELSOX 19:07 11 Jun 2007

Thanks all - I can only give it a try BEFORE deleting 'GOBACK'. If I do though what antivirus would be best?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?