Norton Subscription problem !

3tg 00:37 03 Jul 2003

I renewed my yearly subscription in May. I received confirmation by email. My computer had to be setup again due to problems. I reinstalled Norton, now when I try to "Live Update" it tells me my subs need renewing. Try as I may I cannot find a way to contact them via their website, one can view FAQ etc but no email address. Can anyone help please ? any advice would be appreciated as it's very frustrating. Cheers

click here and continue to subscription support.

3tg 19:49 07 Jul 2003

Thanks horizS, still could not find the answer to my problem, I have checked the confirmation email and it states " do not reply to this email". Looks like I've lost my money and I cannot use the program as I cannot update etc. Can anyone advise another anti-virus program ? Cheers

TECHNODIMWIT 19:54 07 Jul 2003

have you checked the date your computer thinks it is, mine jumped forward 3 years a litt;e while ago, i found it confusing at the time as norton was showing out of date.

mark

3tg 20:04 07 Jul 2003

Have checked, the date is OK, Thanks anyway

AdeJ 20:15 07 Jul 2003

click here If the website doesn't answer the problem give tech support a call on 0207 616 5600 - it's not worth dumping the software over a glitch that should easily be fixed

Philip2 22:43 07 Jul 2003

I don't use Norton Antivirus or it's firewall software now but what i remember you click on status and click on subcription this will also show you your subcription end date

AndySD 23:11 07 Jul 2003

For Win Xp/2k:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveSubscribe

For Win 9x/Me:
C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveSubscribe

Delete the Livesubscribe file. Now form Add/Remove programs remove your Norton
application then reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017